- Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy and Birth
- Nutrition, Health, and Well-being for Pregnancy
- Comfort Techniques for Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum
- Labor Complications & Medical Interventions
- Informed Consent, Advocacy, and Communication
- Infant Feeding Support
- Cultural Humility & Health Disparities
Following this training, our apprentice doulas attend three births with a mentor doula, learning hands-on skills and techniques with the support and guidance of an experienced doula. Apprentice doulas then attend three births as a primary doula to their clients. In total, apprentice doulas attend 6 births or more throughout their apprenticeship with WHDS, as well as participate in ongoing workshops, outreach, peer review, and monthly support meetings.
If you are interested in having an apprentice doula attend your birth, either alone or in addition to a primary doula, please indicate this on our contact form.